Hi everyone, some folks have been emailing to ask if we have an idea when our in-person classes will be back.
Our best estimate at this point is that it would make sense to bring them back when Washington state reaches what Governor Inslee calls “Phase Three” – which health authorities are hoping would be around or after June 15th.
For us, this would mean starting new classes up after the July 4th weekend, so actually mid-July (so that classes don’t get interrupted by the Independence Day holiday)
When we resume classes, we’ll keep doing so with social distancing, i.e., placing chairs further apart from each other, and having longer breaks between classes so that there’s time to wipe down things like tables and doorknobs with Clorox wipes.
We understand that some students, particularly those in vulnerable populations, may decide that it’s best to stay cautious. So for them, we’ll continue offering online versions of many of our classes.
These ideas are preliminary, just our interpretation of the current guidelines. Like everyone, we’re trying to feel our way to the best solution. We would be very interested in hearing from all of you, so feel free to email us your thoughts and ideas. We want to make sure that whatever we end up doing, that it’s safe for both our students and instructors.
According to this Seattle Times article, these events would be allowed after June 15, if all goes as hoped (this could change if infection rates start trending upward instead of leveling off):
Allowed in Phase 3
- Outdoor group recreational sports activities — capped at groups of 50 people.
- Recreational facilities such as public pools — operating at less than 50% capacity
- All gatherings capped at 50 people
- Nonessential travel can resume
- Restaurants can operate at up to 75% capacity, with table sizes capped at parties of 10
- Bars at under 25% capacity
- Indoor gyms at under 50% capacity
- Movie theaters at under 50% capacity
- Government offices open. Telework remains strongly encouraged.
- All other businesses other than nightclubs and events with more than 50 people.