- Want to learn the art and craft of VOICE OVER ACTING? Check out our online VOICE OVER CLASSES and VOICE OVER WEBINARS below.
- The classes are four week interactive meetings with your instructor, during which you can practice and develop your skills.
- The webinars are one-shots focusing on specifics like how to set up a recording studio and how to market yourself as a voice over actor.
LIST OF ALL CLASSES:
- VOICE OVER 101
- VOICE OVER 102
- VOICE OVER 103
- VOICE OVER 104
- WEBINAR 1: VOICE OVER CAREERS
- WEBINAR 2: VOICE OVER HOME STUDIO BASICS
- WEBINAR 3: SELF-MARKETING FOR VOICE OVER ACTORS
- Learn the art of VOICE OVER ACTING from a voice actor with over seven years of experience creating voiceovers for Commercials, Corporate Narrations, Audiobooks, Guided Tours, eLearning modules, and video games.
- Our online voice over classes are offered every quarter, with sections on weeknights and weekends.
- Start with VOICE OVER 101, then move on to VOICEOVER 102 and the others. If you complete all four classes, you’ll earn a certificate in voiceover fundamentals.
- For course descriptions, dates and times, click the course titles.
I’d like to thank you. After taking your (Beginning Acting and Let’s Make a Movie) classes last year, I now have had two acting gigs. One in a movie called Sideways Japan… it was a Fox production… and I was in a commercial in Hollywood, that was a Time Warner production. The reel we made (in the Let’s Make a Movie class) was very useful helping me perform in front of camera and the fact (that I was) comfortable in front of camera got me the gigs.Tell everyone to not give up and give it your all if you want to make it. It was a slow start, but now I’m living in L.A. and loving it. Thanks again, your classes are good. – K. S. (Hollywood)
Hello Nils, I played Weasel and The Executioner in your movie Liberation… I also took the Let’s Make a Movie class with you few years ago. I hope you are doing great and finding time to make movies.I just wanted to thank you for having me in your movies and teaching me! I am now a full time actor in LA. Thank you and have a great 2017 full of creative films!– Deja Soufka Actor/Director
…I wanted to say thank you for your help and guidance in the early stages of my acting career. It has been a great journey that started in your beginning acting class. I am happy to report that I just met a very awesome goal. I will be a day actor in the TV series Grimm this week. It was your coaching that set and codified the foundation that helped get me where I am today. Thank you so much for your help. If you would like to, please feel free to share my story with your other students and on the website. Best wishes and with my sincerest gratitude, Joey Coverson
After just 2 classes with Nils, I auditioned for an independent film against actors with many years experience and I got the part. Nils teaches confidence and he freely shares his knowledge of the acting. – Robert C., Actor (Hollywood)
I really think you are a great instructor, and you seem to have a genuine interest in and enjoy helping people develop their skills. And it was fun! – Pritam (Seattle)Hey Nils, thanks for the class – had a really good time this quarter. I really came at the class from the direction of directing. I had successfully directed two plays back in Britain, but I always felt that I was on shaky ground when I tried to give advice to actors that went beyond “okay, say it louder this time.” There’s nothing that makes you feel a fraud quicker than standing up in front of lots of people who look to you for advice and not having any to give.The class definitely helped… I really enjoyed the improv element of the class. It always felt like just one step away from playing a childish game, which I always enjoy. It was also great to have a chance to work on a monologue with you, especially in front of a small, friendly audience. Your advice on the ‘business’ side of acting was also very useful. – Cheers, Mark (Seattle and London)
A week after your class (I) went to my very first audition! Talk about absolute terror. I did the same monologue I did in class, and guess what? I got offered not only one role, but two roles from two different directors, from that one petrified , shaking monologue, on my very first audition! I was shocked…I couldn’t have done it without your great class. Thanks! – Randy T. (Seattle)
Hi Nils, I just wanted to thank you for a great class last night! Clearly, people were a little nervous about getting up to perform their monologues, but you have fostered a very supportive environment which makes it much easier to get up there. I think you did an excellent job at figuring out how to help each individual to take the next step with their piece, despite a wide range of skill levels. I’m looking forward to next week! – Marnie M. (Kirkland)Hi Nils, I want to thank you for inspiring me to follow me dreams. I left Washington. I am down in California. I have started a television production company and I auditioned for a Harley Davidson Commercial yesterday as an actor. Everything is moving at light speed…and in a positive direction. It all started with you in that classroom at the U of W. – Robert C., Hollywood