This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2020. It’s intended solely for informational purposes. It is not meant to be taken as, and should not be construed, as medical advice. Any changes to your lifestyle or diet should be done in consultation with your doctor or health care professional. Interested in anti-aging? Check out the Facebook Group –– ANTI-AGING THERAPIES.
This special type of magnesium (MAGNESIUM THREONATE) is not available from food. It’s only available as a supplement.
- It was created by researchers at M.I.T. to bypass the blood-brain barrier, in order to get more magnesium into the brain.
- There is evidence that taking this specific form of magnesium may improve mental functioning and reverse neurodegeneration.
- One study showed that people whose minds were slowing with age actually began functioning on the level of people nine years younger, after several weeks of supplementing with magnesium threonate.
- Most studies were done with a dose of 1,800 mg/day. (Two 600 mg caps during the day, and one at night.)
- Article: Novel Magnesium Compound Reverses Neurogegeneration
- Article: Unique Magnesium Compound Reverses Brain Aging
- I take Magnesium Threonate as a supplement (two 500 mg. capsules in the morning, one at night)
- I’ve found, oddly, that if I take more than 500 mg at night, it can keep me awake.