This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2019.
This special type of magnesium (MAGNESIUM THREONATE) is not available from food. It’s only available as a supplement.
- It was created by researchers at M.I.T. to bypass the blood-brain barrier, in order to get more magnesium into the brain.
- There is evidence that taking this specific form of magnesium may improve mental functioning and reverse neurodegeneration.
- One study showed that people whose minds were slowing with age actually began functioning on the level of people nine years younger, after several weeks of supplementing with magnesium threonate.
- Most studies were done with a dose of 1,800 mg/day. (Two 600 mg caps during the day, and one at night.)
- Article: Novel Magnesium Compound Reverses Neurogegeneration
- Article: Unique Magnesium Compound Reverses Brain Aging
- I take Magnesium Threonate as a supplement (two 500 mg. capsules in the morning, one at night)
- I’ve found, oddly, that if I take more than 500 mg at night, it can keep me awake.