This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2020. It’s intended solely for informational purposes. It is not meant to be taken as, and should not be construed, as medical advice. Any changes to your lifestyle or diet should be done in consultation with your doctor or health care professional. Interested in anti-aging? Check out the Facebook Group –– ANTI-AGING THERAPIES.
- Taking the mineral LITHIUM in very low doses has been shown to protect against dementia and dramatically improve memory, particularly when combined with polypeptides from colostrum.
- Many people take 5 mg of lithium a day. This is the amount found naturally in the water supply in many areas. It is hundreds of times lower than the amount used by psychiatrists in treating patients diagnosed with mental illness.
- NOTE: For those taking low dose lithium in the hopes of preventing dementia, it appears necessary to take breaks from lithium, for it to remain effective.
- ARTICLE: Neuroprotective Effects of Lithium: Implications for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- ARTICLE: New Method to Slow Brain Aging
- ARTICLE: Lithium: A Mineral That May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- I sometimes take low-dose lithium orotate as a preventative measure. (I took a tiny amount, 5 mg a day, along with colostrum).
- Some people have posted comments online saying they noticed a dramatic difference in how they felt, and their mental clarity, when taking lithium. I didn’t notice any effect.