This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2019.
- Taking the mineral LITHIUM in very low doses has been shown to protect against dementia and dramatically improve memory, particularly when combined with polypeptides from colostrum.
- Many people take 5 mg of lithium a day. This is the amount found naturally in the water supply in many areas. It is hundreds of times lower than the amount used by psychiatrists in treating patients diagnosed with mental illness.
- NOTE: For those taking low dose lithium in the hopes of preventing dementia, it appears necessary to take breaks from lithium, for it to remain effective.
- ARTICLE: Neuroprotective Effects of Lithium: Implications for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- ARTICLE: New Method to Slow Brain Aging
- ARTICLE: Lithium: A Mineral That May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- I sometimes take low-dose lithium orotate as a preventative measure. (I took a tiny amount, 5 mg a day, along with colostrum).
- Some people have posted comments online saying they noticed a dramatic difference in how they felt, and their mental clarity, when taking lithium. I didn’t notice any effect.