Rekindle School has two certificate programs:
- ACTING FUNDAMENTALS CERTIFICATE
- INTERMEDIATE ACTING CERTIFICATE
ACTING FUNDAMENTALS CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
To earn this certificate, take the six classes below:
- ACTING 101
- ACTING 102
- ACTING 103
- ACTING 104
- AUDITIONING 101: AUDITIONS, HEADSHOTS, RESUME AND REELS
- LET’S MAKE A MOVIE
If you would like to earn the certificate, but can’t attend one of the classes above due to your schedule, or have already taken a similar class (for example, folks who’s taken Acting 101 elsewhere might start out with 102), we can help you find a class to substitute for one on the above list. Just email us and we’ll help you figure it out.
INTERMEDIATE ACTING CERTIFICATE
To earn this certificate, take any SIX of the classes below.
- ACTING 201: SCRIPT ANALYSIS
- ACTING 202: MORE SCRIPT ANALYSIS
- ACTING 203: SCENE STUDY
- ACTING 204: MONOLOGUES
- ACTING 205: ACTING IN A 48 HOUR MOVIE
- ACTING 206: LET’S MAKE AN ACTION/HORROR MOVIE
- ACTING 207: THREE SCENES
- IMPROV FOR BEGINNERS
- Many students take LET’S MAKE A MOVIE and our other film courses repeatedly, to get more material for their actor reels.
- Different movies are made every time it’s offered.
- If you take our film classes more than once, you can apply them to both certificates.
Office – edit this post
There’s acting in person, on stage or in front of the camera – and then there’s voice acting. Voice acting is the art of doing voice-over work on a wide range of features such as TV shows and feature films, animated shorts, commercials, radio plays, documentaries, video games and more.
In voice acting, the actor’s face never appears on screen, but he or she has the opportunity to create a character and make a connection with the audience using only vocals. An actor might be twenty, forty, or sixty years old, but using your voice you can create a character of any age, nationality or species.
You can use your voice to create characters who are svelte and frumpy, attractive or repulsive, hopeless or sexy, young or old, funny or dramatic. Voice acting is fun, and a great way for actors to improve their general acting skills on and off the screen. Most students in our voiceover classes are adults. Ages 14 and older can sign up.