Agile Project Management with Scrum
Dates and times TBA
University of Washington campus
This class has free parking.
Looking for SCRUM CLASSES in SEATTLE? This one day workshop is an excellent place to start.
Scrum is an elegant, battle-tested process for producing software that can deliver amazing results when done correctly, solve problems you didn’t know existed, and can revolutionize the way you work.
In this Seattle Scrum class, held on the University of Washington campus (about five minutes from downtown Seattle):
- You’ll learn about a set of techniques that can transform underperforming project teams into dynamos of productivity.
- You’ll also learn how to eliminate wasted effort and learn how to to hit your business goals every time?
- You’ll learn the basics, get answers to your questions, and talk about common pitfalls.
- We’ll discuss the roles in Scrum, strategies for bringing Scrum into an organization and talk about times we’ve implemented Scrum successfully
- We’ll also talk about Scrum metrics, how to plan and forecast and how to measure your project’s success.
Everybody working in software has heard of Agile and Scrum, many have tried it, and almost everyone does it wrong. But getting buy-in at all levels of an organization and having the discipline to implement it correctly is hard. This class will give you a good foundation for moving forward using Agile and Scrum.
NOTE: This is not a certification class, but is a helpful class to take before thinking about certification. (Certification classes can last several days, and cost thousands of dollars; this is a good class to take first, so that you can so you can become familiar with Scrum concepts, and start experimenting with it in your organization and decide if it’s right for you.) (Scrum certification is recommended as a next step after completing this workshop.)
Patrick Meehan is a software developer and entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience. He is an expert in cryptographic algorithms, the author of the Moai SDK open-source cross-platform development framework, and is a key contributor to several emerging blockchain projects. He is also an expert in Agile project management and is a certified Scrum Master and Product Owner.