- Refunds and Cancelations
- Certificates of Completion
- Propose a Class
- “Is Rekindle School part of the Experimental College?”
Rekindle School is an independent educational program located in Seattle, Washington. We offer fun, affordable classes in the arts, in subjects including drawing, painting, cartooning, writing, filmmaking and other subjects.
Our classes are about having fun and learning new skills, not about tests or grades. Our program was established in 2002.
Some of our classes meet on the University of Washington campus in Seattle. The others meet in community centers around the city. All of our classes are cosponsored by the Seattle Experimental College. We handle all of the registrations for the E.C. This means that you can find the same classes on our website, or on the EC’s.
- Our philosophy is that everyone is born creative. It’s a part of being human.
- Anyone can learn how to draw, paint, write, doodle, tell stories, make quilts, write poems, make music, or express their creativity in myriad other ways.
- The impulse to be creative is inborn. We have a human need to find ways to be creative as long as we’re alive.
- Whether you’re hoping to learn something new and different you’ve never tried before; go deeper into a subject you love, and learn more about it; or rekindle a creative energy you thought you might have lost, our classes and workshops can help.
What is Rekindle School?
- We’re an independent educational program in Seattle.
- We offer fun, affordable classes.
- We’re a Seattle art school, Seattle acting school, and Seattle film school, all rolled into one.
What’s your guiding philosophy?
- Our philosophy is that being anyone can learn to write, draw, act, sing, or express themselves creatively in other ways.
- Training is more important than “talent.”
- When you take classes, you may find a talent for something you’ve never tried before.
- As we go through life, people can lose touch with their creativity for a while. But it can be rekindled. We’re here to help.
Where do your classes meet?
- Most of our classes meet on the University of Washington campus in Seattle.
- Others meet at community centers around the city.
- We are hoping to add some classes on the East Side soon.
How long have you been in operation?
- Since 2002.
- We started out offering a handful of classes, then added more classes as our program grew.
Do you offer certificates of completion?
- Yes, in some subjects. Please read this page.
What’s different about Rekindle School, from other Seattle schools?
- Most schools have a gap of several weeks each quarter during which enrollments are not accepted.
- When we set our program, we did away with that gap.
- On the day after a class or workshop begins each quarter, registration becomes active for the same class or workshop for the following quarter.
- This means that when you see a class, you can usually sign up right away. You don’t have to wait weeks for another opportunity to enroll.
How do I sign up?
- Just click the “Sign Me Up” link and follow the prompts!
- You can pay by credit/debit card or Paypal.
Can kids sign up, or are the classes just for adults?
- Most classes are for adults, and most of our students are over 18.
- Some teachers do allow younger students, but you should check first.
- Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have gift certificates?
- Yes! Please visit our gift certificates page.
Where are your classes held?
- Most are on the University of Washington campus (Seattle branch)
- Others meet in community centers around Seattle.
- When you sign up, you’ll receive an email with driving and parking directions.
- Learn more
I’m a teacher, and would like to propose a class. How can I do so?
- Please read this page
What is your policy on withdrawals, refunds and cancelations?
- Please read this page.
Do you offer team building workshops (or morale workshops) for businesses?
- Yes. Please read this page.
Do you offer certificates of completion?
- Yes, in some subject areas. Please read this page
Is Rekindle School a part of the Seattle Experimental College?
- We’re affiliated with them.
- The two schools are part of the same “business umbrella.”
- We handle enrollments for the Seattle Experimental College. For more info see this page.
- Feel free to email us at email@example.com