This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2019.
- It’s intended solely for informational purposes. It is not meant to be taken as, and should not be construed, as medical advice.
- Any changes to your lifestyle or diet should be done in consultation with your doctor or health care professional.
- Join the Facebook Group: ANTI-AGING THERAPIES
|This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2019.
WHY WORRY ABOUT NAD?
NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) has many important functions in the body.
- It helps convert the energy in food molecules into an energy currency that can be utilized by our cells.
- It helps repair damaged DNA, and protects cells from stress.
- It’s essential to the proper functioning of our mitochondria. We would not be alive without NAD+ in our cells.
As we age, NAD+ levels in the human body (and other living organisms) decline. Higher levels are associated with better health. So supplements and treatments claiming to increase NAD+ levels are becoming a big business. I’ve listed a few of the key ones to be aware of on the page below.