This article is copyright © Nils Osmar 2019.
Testosterone in an important hormone for both sexes. It supports muscle growth, a lean physique, mental clarity and memory. For men, it has additional benefits related to developing and maintaining masculine characteristics, and for sexual health.
If your T levels are dropping, you could ask your doctor for hormone injections, but they can have negative side effects. A more natural approach which triggers the body to produced higher levels on its own is outlined below.
To raise testosterone naturally:
- TAKE L. REUTERI 6475. (There are several strains of L. Reuteri. The ones that has been shown to increase T-levels is 6475, sold by BioGaia.) (It’s possible that other strains may also work, but only 6475 has been shown to raise levels in laboratory studies.)
- Take the supplement ASTAXANTHIN together with SAW PALMETTO. When taken together, they enhance each others’ effectiveness and can result in a significant improvement in T-levels. See article
- Related article: “Can Astaxanthin Boost Testosterone Levels in Men?
- Take the mineral BORON.
- Related article: The effect of boron supplementation on lean body mass, plasma testosterone levels, and strength in male bodybuilders.
- EXERCISE REGULARLY. Weight training and HIIT exercise (high intensity interval training) are particularly helpful. Even walking and running can help.
- NOTE: HIIT exercise has the added benefit of raising NAD levels in the body.
- Get enough SLEEP.
- Take L-CARNITINE.
- Take PQQ.
- Try RED LIGHT THERAPY. Buy some RED LIGHTS of the proper wavelength, and stand naked in front of them for 10-15 minutes a day, letting the light bathe every inch of your body, including your sexual organs. Related article: Red Light On Your Testicles Boosts Your Testosterone Levels
- Take ROYAL JELLY. (This is a little speculative. RJ has been shown to increase testosterone in animal studies. No studies have yet been done on humans. It does have some anti-aging nutrients, including pantothenic acid, which has been shown to extend the lives of several species of insect.) Related article: Effect of royal jelly ingestion for six months on healthy volunteers
- Avoiding ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTANTS, particularly plastics which mimic the effects of estrogens in the body.
- MAYBE: TAKE COLD SHOWERS. (Actually the connection between cold showers and T-levels has not been proven. But many men report anecdotal evidence that their T-levels and libido are higher after intermittent exposure to cold.) (Cold showers do have the proven benefit of raising NAD levels.)
- Related article: “Many Men Risk their health by Taking Testosterone When They Don’t Need It.”
IF YOUR DIET INCLUDES ANIMAL-BASED FOODS…
- Eat EGG YOLKS (eggs are rich in a form of cholesterol needed by the body to make testosterone)
- Take BOVINE COLOSTRUM
- Take fish oil high in DHA
AVOID THESE FOODS:
- High PUFA vegetable oils (such as soy oil, sunflower oil, canola oil)
- Mint, peppermint and spearmint.
My personal regimen includes: HIIT exercise. Light: Red light therapy once per day (after a cold shower). Supplements (taken together): Reuteri + Boron + PQQ + Astaxanthin + Saw Palmetto + PQQ