Please note: Our CERTIFICATE PROGRAM has recently been updated. One class (LET’S MAKE A MOVIE) has moved from the ACTING FUNDAMENTAL CERTIFICATE to the CAMERA ACTING CERTIFICATE, and been replaced by IMPROV 101. (If you’ve already taken LET’S MAKE A MOVIE, you can still apply it toward the AFC certificate, and will not need to take IMPROV 101.)
- Working toward a certificate from REKINDLE SCHOOL is a fun way to organize your studies.
- To earn an ACTING FUNDAMENTALS CERTIFICATE, you will need to complete any SIX of the classes in the series below. (For example, if you’ve already taken a “101” class, you could skip it and start with Acting 102, and still earn your certificate.) (You’re also welcome of course to take them all.)
- After you take ACTING 101, you’ll have two years to take the rest of the classes and complete the certificate.
- It’s fine to take ACTING 101 first, then decide whether to do work toward a certificate.
- There are no obligations, and you don’t need to prepay. You can stop taking classes at any time.
- NOTE: We also offer certificates in VOICEOVER ACTING and ON-CAMERA ACTING.
Most students start with the classes in this series. If you take all SIX, you will earn a Certificate in Acting Fundamentals. For adults 18 and older. (PLEASE NOTE: The order the classes are taken in is somewhat flexible. Most students take them in the order shown. But if need be they can be taken out of order.)
- ACTING 101: BEGINNING ACTING – In this first four week introductory class, we’ll learn some basics including how to do improv; how to memorize dialogue; and how to begin performing short scenes. If you’re new to acting or have been on a break from it, start with this class.
- ACTING 102 – In this class, we’ll focus on understanding the character(s) we’re portraying, connecting with them on a genuine level, discovering their backstories and objectives, and bringing them to life.
- ACTING 103 – In this fast-paced four week session, We’ll focus on listening to and responding to our scene partners, “making it real,” and letting go of preconceptions about where the scene is heading.
- ACTING WITH EMOTION – Our focus in this four week class is on increasing the range of emotions students can feel and express when acting.
- AUDITIONING – Learn about auditions, headshots, resume, reels, agencies, and how to get started acting in Seattle
- LET’S MAKE A MOVIE – In this class, we’ll make a movie, starring the students in the class. It’s a good way to get something for your reel. Some students take this class several times, to get several different clips of themselves acting as different characters, for their reels. (This class can also be applied toward the Acting for the Camera Certificate)
SUBSTITUTIONS: You can substitute the classes below for any of the ones above. Substitutes include:
Office – edit this post