ONLINE CLASS – SIGN UP NOW:
Class #163697-9-9 -
Class #163697-9-9 -
Anyone can draw… this means you! In this fun, step-by-step ONLINE DRAWING CLASS, aimed at total beginners, we’ll work our way through a number of exercises designed to train your eye, hand and imagination to work together as a unit, or a team.
Most students notice striking improvement in their artwork as the class moves along.
You’ll learn to how to draw objects based on simple shapes, and how to add shading and textures to make your drawings look real and three-dimensional. You’ll have fun, learn a lot, and get off to a good start.
NOTE: Before signing up, download Zoom and install it on your device. You’ll need a Zoom connection for this class.
- A set of soft-lead drawing pencils.
- This is a good and inexpensive kit – CLICK HERE
- A pencil sharpener and an eraser.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
- Nils Osmar has made his living in the arts since the 1980s, and has taught both accredited and non-accredited classes in Seattle for over twenty years, through the University of Washington’s Exp. College, Antioch University’s Heritage Institute, Shoreline Community College, and Classesandworkshops.com.
- Nils has worked as a fine and commercial artist, and done book and magazine illustration, design, book covers and interiors.
- His artwork has been internationally published.
- His visual art classes and workshops include art classes, drawing classes, painting classes and more. More information
What students are saying…
I was the redhead who drove in every week from Tacoma. It was worth it. You really have something going if you can take someone like me and turn me into an artist, well, a beginning artist anyway! But that’s way ahead of where I was. Thanks again Nils! – R.M. (Tacoma)
The class was well organized and you took us along step-by-step. – Mary J. (Redmond)
I liked the opportunity to learn the basics in a non threatening environment. (unsigned; comment submitted online)
Nils, Just wanted to let you know that I completed my application to the Game Animation Certificate program, and as of a week ago received notice of my acceptance. One of my portfolio pieces was a charcoal figure based upon one of the exercises from class – and of course, I’d never touched charcoal before meeting you. Thanks again for all the tips and encouragement! Your classes really helped polish my skills and boost my confidence a great deal. — J.C. (Seattle)
I loved Lonni’s class. She gave us room to experiment but also gave us lots of helpful information. – Beth G. (Seattle)
Your teaching style was a pleasure to learn by and I enjoyed your class very much.. – Ruth B. (Seattle)
Thanks for taking some time before the class to help me figure out which class I should take. You weren’t just trying to “sell” me a class, you helped me find the one that would be a good next step for me. – M.J. (Seattle)
The (Perspective Drawing) class was great. Something clicked about halfway through the course. I feel like I really understand it now. – Dave A. (Kent)
I took Drawing Faces and Portraits two weeks ago. I was honestly amazed. I had never drawn people before. I’ll be back for more classes in the future. – Theresa C. (Bothell)
- Looking for art classes in Seattle?
- Checking out what the local art schools and training programs have to offer?
- Rekindle School is an art school, acting school, writing school, and film school, all rolled into one.
- Our classes provide hands-on instruction and training in a classroom environment, and won’t break the bank.
- You can take a class just for fun or work toward a certificate in drawing and illustration.