Thinking about buying Bitcoin? Take this class first!
- According to the Chicago Tribune, the value of Bitcoin has risen over 700 percent in 2017.
- It’s up 3,500 percent since January 2015.
- Some experts are calling Bitcoin the new gold.
- But should you buy Bitcom? What are its benefits? What are the risks? What do you need to know to make a wise investment decision?
- This information-packed seminar, held five minutes from downtown Seattle, will help to answer these questions and more.
Class #162744 - Acting 105 -
Mondays, 7pm-9pm 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3
Tuition: $150 + $10 registration fee
Seattle: University of Washington campus
Max. enrollment: 10. Enrolled so far: 2
Class #162744 - Acting 105 -
Bitcoin has the possibility of revolutionizing the world. There’s evidence that it may already be changing the nature of investment and money, and many things related to them.
But should you buy Bitcoin? Is it a good place to put your money? How does Bitcoin really work, and what are its potential benefits, and its risks?
In this class we’ll move beyond the hype to get a solid understanding of both Bitcoin and its underlying technology, the blockchain. You’ll learn why some feel it may be as revolutionary and world-changing as the Internet was, a couple of decades ago — not just to investors and speculators, but to everyone.
In this Seattle Bitcoin class:
- We’ll build a foundational understanding of the technical underpinnings of Bitcoin. If you’re not technical, don’t worry. Everything will be presented and discussed plainly for a non-technical audience.
- You’ll learn how cryptographic techniques (used to safeguard information online) have been combined with game theory and decentralization to create an entirely new kind of asset class powered by secure peer-to-peer transactions.
- You’ll learn about public key encryption, digital signatures, cryptographic hashing, the blockchain protocol and data structure, consensus algorithms, bitcoin mining and bitcoin transactions.
- We’ll also look at some of the social, legal and financial implications of this new technology.
- You’ll gain a good understanding of Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies – what it all means, and how it all works.
Note: While this will be a useful class for those thinking of buying Bitcoin, the instructor will not be giving investment advice. Our focus will be on gaining a solid understanding of how Bitcoin works, what it is, and how it is changing the world.
About the Instructor
Patrick Meehan is a software developer and entrepreneur with over twenty years of experience. He is an expert in cryptographic algorithms, the author of the Moai SDK open-source cross-platform development framework, and is a key contributor to several emerging blockchain projects. He is also an expert in Agile project management and is a certified Scrum Master and Product Owner. Patrick is a managing partner at Fall Guy Consulting and has experience founding multiple software companies.