Want to have more fun auditioning, and increase your odds of getting cast? This class can help.
Auditioning 101 - one meeting
Saturdays June 8, 10 am-4 pm
Tuition: $150 + $10 registration fee
Seattle: University of Washington campus
Maximum: 12. Enrolled so far:1
"Where to find auditions in the Seattle area, and how to increase your odds of actually getting cast..."
- Where to find auditions in the Seattle area
- How to identify roles that would be good for YOU to audition for (and roles to avoid)
- How to increase your odds of actually getting cast
- How to prepare for an audition
- The six things you should always bring to every audition
- Audition etiquette: how to make a good, not bad, first impression
- How to identify your type and age range (and why both matter)
- The differences between stage auditions and camera auditions
- How to find the “good” acting agencies, and avoid the scams
- How to get professional-quality headshots taken at an affordable price
- How to write a good acting resume, whether you’re experienced or a beginner.
- How to improve your cold read (sight read) skills
- You can take this class just for fun, or as part of our Certificate Program in Acting Fundamentals
As the class moves along, we’ll do practice exercises and warm-ups to make more comfortable with the auditioning process, and you’ll get honest feedback about how to improve. The instructor has directed for stage and film for over twenty years. His movies have played in international film festivals.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR Nils Osmar has made his living in the arts since the 1980s, working as a visual artist, writer, director and independent filmmaker. He has taught acting classes, film classes, and other classes and workshops for over twenty years. His films have played at major international film festivals.
Thanks so much for teaching the class. It was really interesting and I learned a lot. I know you’ve helped many actors … thanks so much for all of your genuine advice and sincere guidance. – Maria C., Seattle
Thanks Nils, the class was great! It was a great send-off and a great follow up to the (Beginning Acting) class. – Marianne K., Kenmore
THANK YOU for teaching a genuinely inspiring class. – Mike G., Seattle
I took your beginning class in the winter, then the auditioning workshop… to make it short, I got offered a role in a movie! Thank you again for all of your help over the past several months. – Rob G., Tacoma
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to find auditions in Seattle
- What to look for in a head shot photographer
- How to put together an acting resume
- How to put together a reel
- and more.
Looking for an affordable actor headshot? Click here