Your assignment for this week has several parts:
- Come up with FIVE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS.
- Give each of them a NAME.
- Give each of them different PERSONALITY TRAITS that are very different from each other.
- If you don’t have ideas for personalities choose five from this list:
- LOUD and OBNOXIOUS.
- QUIET and SHY
- TALKATIVE… a person who uses fifty words to say something when five would do.
- FRIENDLY… always loving and kind to others
- NASTY… always putting people down.
- OPTIMISTIC… always looking on the bright side.
- PESSIMISTIC… always looking on the down side
- PRIM and PROPER.
- NERVOUS about everything.
- FULL OF SELF-DOUBT
- SMUG AND SUPERIOR… they think they’re better than the other characters.
- Practice how the character might sit, stand, walk and talk.
- Then, when you know your characters well, write a short conversation between your characters and memorize it for class. (They’re all in a room talking.) They can be talking about anything. The conversation does not have to be long but should give each of them a chance to show his or her personality clearly.