Acrylics are fun! They’re vibrant and colorful, and are great for beginning painters.
- Working with acrylics can be similar to working with oils, but without the fumes.
- Acrylics dry fast, are easy to use, quick to clean up, and are “forgiving” because you can paint right over errors in a way that isn’t possible when using watercolors or oils.
This Seattle painting class is intended for BEGINNERS who would like to learn the basics of painting using acrylics in just three meetings. In it, you’ll learn:
- How to mix and blend colors in acrylics
- How to use brushes to create a variety of textures and patterns
- How to start with an image, loose sketch, or idea, and turn it into a lovely painting you can take home with you, or give to a friend
- How to work with different mediums, to get some fun different effects
- And more.
- You’ll have fun, learn a lot, and you’ll learn techniques you can practice to develop your painting skills further in the future.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $20 materials fee payable to the instructor in class. It includes paints, brushes, medium, palettes and canvases. It is not charged when you sign up. It’s fine also to bring your own materials and use them instead. Lonni Flowers, instructor.