- REKINDLE SCHOOL is an independent school, established in 2002
- We offer fun, affordable noncredit classes in drawing, painting, writing, acting and more
- Most of our students are adults
- Some classes meet in community centers in north Seattle
- Others meet on the University of Washington campus
- See CLASSES IN SEATTLE
Rekindle School offers dozens of fun, affordable Classes and workshops in Seattle.
Our classes are not-for-credit, meaning that the focus is on learning and having fun (not on tests or grades). To start exploring our class offerings, click here!
NOTE: Rekindle School is part of the same “business umbrella” as the Seattle Experimental College. (We handle all of their registrations.) So you can find most of the same classes on their website, as on ours. Most of our classes are for adults, but some are also open to kids and teens.
What is Rekindle School?
- We’re an independent educational program in Seattle.
- We offer fun, affordable classes.
- We’re a Seattle art school, Seattle acting school, and Seattle film school, all rolled into one.
What’s your guiding philosophy?
- Our philosophy is that being anyone can learn to write, draw, act, sing, or express themselves creatively in other ways.
- Training is more important than “talent.”
- When you take classes, you may find a talent for something you’ve never tried before.
- As we go through life, people can lose touch with their creativity for a while. But it can be rekindled. We’re here to help.
Where do your classes meet?
- Most of our classes meet on the University of Washington campus in Seattle.
- Others meet at community centers around the city.
- We are hoping to add some classes on the East Side soon.
How long have you been in operation?
- Since 2002.
- We started out offering a handful of classes, then added more classes as our program grew.
Do you offer certificates of completion?
- Yes, in some subjects. Please read this page.
What’s different about Rekindle School, from other Seattle schools?
- Most schools have a gap of several weeks each quarter during which enrollments are not accepted.
- When we set our program, we did away with that gap.
- On the day after a class or workshop begins each quarter, registration becomes active for the same class or workshop for the following quarter.
- This means that when you see a class, you can usually sign up right away. You don’t have to wait weeks for another opportunity to enroll.
How do I sign up?
- Just click the “Sign Me Up” link and follow the prompts!
- You can pay by credit/debit card or Paypal.
Can kids sign up, or are the classes just for adults?
- Most classes are for adults, and most of our students are over 18.
- Some teachers do allow younger students, but you should check first.
- Just email email@example.com
Do you have gift certificates?
- Yes! Please visit our gift certificates page.
Where are your classes held?
- Most are on the University of Washington campus (Seattle branch)
- Others meet in community centers around Seattle.
- When you sign up, you’ll receive an email with driving and parking directions.
- Learn more
I’m a teacher, and would like to propose a class. How can I do so?
- Please read this page
What is your policy on withdrawals, refunds and cancelations?
- Please read this page.
Do you offer team building workshops (or morale workshops) for businesses?
- Yes. Please read this page.
Do you offer certificates of completion?
- Yes, in some subject areas. Please read this page
Is Rekindle School a part of the Seattle Experimental College?
- We’re affiliated with them.
- The two schools are part of the same “business umbrella.”
- We handle enrollments for the Seattle Experimental College. For more info see this page.
- Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rekindle School is an independent educational program located in Seattle, Washington. We offer fun, affordable classes in the arts, in subjects including drawing, painting, cartooning, writing, filmmaking and other subjects.
Our classes are about having fun and learning new skills, not about tests or grades. Our program was established in 2002.
Some of our classes meet on the University of Washington campus in Seattle. The others meet in community centers around the city. All of our classes are cosponsored by the Seattle Experimental College. We handle all of the registrations for the E.C. This means that you can find the same classes on our website, or on the EC’s.
- Our philosophy is that everyone is born creative. It’s a part of being human.
- Anyone can learn how to draw, paint, write, doodle, tell stories, make quilts, write poems, make music, or express their creativity in myriad other ways.
- The impulse to be creative is inborn. We have a human need to find ways to be creative as long as we’re alive.
- Whether you’re hoping to learn something new and different you’ve never tried before; go deeper into a subject you love, and learn more about it; or rekindle a creative energy you thought you might have lost, our classes and workshops can help.
…I just want to thank you for the (crash course in filmmaking) classes. I never learned so much over a short period of time and remembered it. You wasted no time on the non-essentials. I greatly appreciate the fact that you were very receptive to everyone’s questions. Your experience, dedication, and passion for film making made this a fantastic learning experience for me. – J. Vega
Thanks for taking some time before the class to help me figure out which class I should take. You weren’t just trying to “sell” me a class, you helped me find the one that would be a good next step for me. – M.J. (Seattle)
“I have enjoyed your class. You have been providing great direction for what to look for in SEO and things that you can do to improve anyone’s rankings…. I liked the presentation style, very good information.” – Jim Hopper, Seattle
“The exercise you did using one of your own websites as an example, and showing how the right changes could raise it in the search engine results, was really helpful.” – E.W., Tacoma.
“Just wanted to let you know that I completed my application to the Game Animation Certificate program, and as of a week ago received notice of my acceptance. One of my portfolio pieces was a charcoal figure based upon one of the exercises from class – and of course, I’d never touched charcoal before meeting you. Thanks again for all the tips and encouragement! Your classes really helped polish my skills and boost my confidence a great deal. — J.C. (Seattle)
“I just moved back to Seattle… yay! … and was looking for an introductory level course so I could get back into painting. I just wanted to start with the basics again. I love watercolors, but always had a hard time getting the results I wanted, so signed up for the Watercolor painting class. It was fun and I learned a lot. I would recommend the class to others who are either just starting out or, like me, wanting to get back into painting after a break.” – B.R., Lake Forest Park
“I found Sarah’s calligraphy class on a social site, and I’m so glad I did… Sarah is very encouraging, and always has a great time with us! I would highly recommend attending one of Sarah’s classes — they are a blast!” – Savanah D.
“…I want you to know that taking this class has truly made a difference for me. I lost the fear to shoot and produce films. It has given me the knowledge and skills I was seeking and the confidence I need to step into film making. I have to tell you — you are an incredible teacher! I cannot thank you ENOUGH! I’ll definitely recommend this class to all my friends. Thanks so much for the highly engaging and inspiring class. – J. Vega
We’d love to hear from you: Who you are, what sorts of classes you’re searching for or interested in. Feel free to drop us an email with any questions, thoughts or requests for new courses.
See you in class!