Several of our classes are held in LOEW HALL, located on the University of Washington campus in Seattle. (To verify your class location and room number, see the confirmation letter you got when you signed up.) (If you’ve lost your confirmation email, email us and we can resend it.)
DIRECTIONS TO LOEW HALL
Driving north or south on Interstate-5:
Take exit 169, the NE 45th Street/University of Washington exit…
… If you were coming from the south (driving northbound on I-5), turn RIGHT onto 45th.
… If you were coming from the north (driving southbound on I-5), turn LEFT onto 45th.
· You will now be heading eastbound, toward the U.W. campus.
· Go a mile or so, then turn right onto 17th Avenue N.E. (This turn will take you onto the campus)
· Pass the little gate where you pay for parking. (You can pick up a campus map at the gate if you like.)
· After you pass the parking gate, turn LEFT onto the first street you come to, Stevens Way.
· Then just stay on Stevens Way, and you’ll come to the Loew Hall in a half mile (exactly .5 miles). (It will be on your left hand side, right after you pass the HUB)
Using a G.P.S.?
Don’t rely totally on your GPS! Most of the buildings on the UW campus don’t have physical street addresses, so students who rely on a GPS often have problems. If you use a GPS, it will probably just take you to the edge of the campus, but not to the actual building.
Parking on the University of Washington campus:
There are several parking lots near Mechanical Engineering. Lots C- 12, C-15 and C-17 are close by. (C-15 is right behind Mechanical Engineering; C-17 is right across from it.
Fees for parking on campus:
On evenings (after 5 p.m.), and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. till noon, it costs $5 to park on the U.W. campus. You pay the fee as you drive onto the campus, and get a parking permit to put in your window. Ask to park in the parking lots listed above if possible (C-12, C-15 and C-17).
Parking is also free on Sundays (all day)
Parking is free on Saturdays after noon.
Don’t want to pay for parking?
If you would like to avoid paying for parking, I recommend coming over early, finding the building, then driving off campus and finding a place to park and walking to the building.
Whether you decided to park on campus (and pay for parking) or park off campus (and walk to the building), I recommend coming over early the first day, to give yourself time to find the building, etc.