NEW CLASSES, NEW INSTRUCTORS and OTHER BREAKING NEWS!
Spring Quarter 2013: We have several new classes this quarter, and are happy to welcome some great new instructors.
New classes now open for enrollment (click the title to learn more):
- Video Editing using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Improvisational Dance for Beginners
- Beginning Watercolor
- The OK Chorale
Plus, the following classes will be starting this summer and fall:
- Mixed Media Collage! (starts in July!)
- eCommerce! Make money selling online (starts in July)
- eCommerce! Save money buying online (starts in July)
- Painting the Beach – a Watercolor Workshop! (starts in July)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Beginners (starts in August)
…. and these classes, which don’t have dates yet, but will be listed soon:
- Oil Painting for Beginners! (will start in either the summer or fall)
- Acting for Teenagers (will start in either the summer or fall)
- Acting for Kids (will start in either the summer or fall)
- Documentary Filmmaking
Lots has been happening around our office in recent weeks, and it’s fun to be riding the wave. Here are a few highlights:
- We are happy to welcome new instructor Theresa, and her class Improvisational Dance for Beginners. Theresa’s class is a gentle introduction to an interesting dance form.
- We’ve had dozens of requests for a class in Adobe Illustrator, and are happy to announce that our computer guru instructor, Jon Peck, who teaches the very popular WordPress for Beginners class, will be offering a beginning class in Adobe Illustrator for Total Beginners, starting in May.
- Jon is also the instructor of our Video Editing using Premiere Pro class, which is also now open for registration.
- Another new instructor joining us in Spring 2013 is Robin Walker. Robin is a wonderful, classically trained artist, who taught for years through Cornish and other art schools. She does beautiful luminous watercolor paintings on both realistic and fantasy themes. If you’ve ever thought of trying your hand at watercolor, her class is a good place to start. Her one-day Beginning Watercolorclass meets in June.
- Online courses are in the works, though they are still months away. When they’re ready, students will be able to take our classes from anywhere in the world. More info
- Students in the cartooning class have requested a follow-up course. We’ve just scheduled one called How to draw Superheroes.
- Our Spring quarter 2013 classes are now open for registration: Seattle Art Classes - Seattle Film Classes - Seattle Acting Classes - Seattle Software Classes - Seattle Writing Classes.
We’re also working on new classes in topics ranging from wilderness skills, to documentary filmmaking, to video for social change. More to come soon!
It’s been a wonderful quarter….. meeting and interviewing people interested in teaching, and working with a wonderful collection of students who signed on to take our established classes for the first time, or retaking ones they’d taken before, or trying new ones. It was great working with you all.
Today (March 18th) is the last day of classes for winter quarter. New classes will start in about mid-April. Thank you all for your energy, honesty, interest in learning, and for making winter quarter one of our most successful and enjoyable quarters to date.